Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chicken Divan

Chicken Divan is one of those older recipes you don't hear much about anymore, but it's a comforting casserole that's easy to put together. Since I found broccoli, chicken, sour cream, and mushroom soup on sale, it seemed like a good fit.

The original creation was made by a chef at a New York restaurant in the 1950's, and had asparagus. Mine is the Paula Deen version.

I cut up two heads of broccoli, steamed them in the microwave and placed them in a casserole dish.


I covered the broccoli with chunks of roasted chicken breast. A good use for leftover chicken.

I made a creamy sauce out of mayo, mushroom soup, sour cream, a little curry powder, Chef Paul Prudhomme's Poultry Magic, juice from half a lemon, and salt and black pepper. Spread it over the chicken. 


I had some stale white bread in the freezer, so I processed it and mixed it with melted butter and Parmesan. Sprinkle it over the top.

Bake at 375 about 45 minutes to an hour, until brown and bubbly. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment